A VNC server providing a custom framebuffer.
You can inherit from the
VncdConnection class as per the sample, and respond to the simple framebuffer and input callbacks. This design allows using the VNC/RFB protocol as a wrapper for arbitrary graphical tasks.
- Supports raw, zlib, ZRLE, and TightPNG image encoding
- Supports optional VNC authentication
- Single-threaded asynchronous design supporting multiple simultaneous clients
- Tested working with TightVNC Viewer 2.7 and RealVNC Viewer 4.1
- Tested compilation with Visual Studio 2013, but cross-platform/compiler ports should be trivial
- Designed to be connected to a custom framebuffer implementation
Unlike most other VNC implementations (e.g.
RealVNC), no code in this project is based on the original GPL'd source code release of AT&T VNC. This project is a clean implementation from RFC6143, made freely available under non-copyleft software license (along with all its bundled dependencies):
- libvncd, by the libvncd author. (ISC license)
- ASIO, by Christopher M. Kohlhoff. (Boost Software License)
- D3DES, by Richard Outerbridge. (Public Domain)
- miniz, by Rich Geldreich. (Public Domain)
- X11 (for
keysymdef.h), by The Open Group. (MIT/X11 License)
- Initial public release
- ⬇️ libvncd-r61-src.7z (325.49 KiB)